About Me

My photo
I'm a student at the University of South Alabama where I hope to become a high school history teacher one day.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Harness Your Digital Smarts

I found the video "Harness your students' digital smarts" to be very engaging. The video highlights the effort of one teacher(Vicky Davis) and her methods of getting her kids involved with today's new technology. She wants to reach out to her students through technology, instead of the conservative pencil and paper. She believes that through hands on experience they will be ready to adapt to the future and hopefully be able to excel in this world.

I agree with her theory. It is obvious that our technology is advancing at an alarming rate, and we as future educators have to keep up with it. We have to reach out to them. And it is obvious that the pencil and paper method is about to be no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment