About Me

My photo
I'm a student at the University of South Alabama where I hope to become a high school history teacher one day.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Networking Students



I found this video to be very intriguing. It wasn't very long, and kept my intention and got to the point.

This video is based on the premise of Connectivism. Connectivis is a teaching method where the teacher uses networking as a way for students to learn---or better known as independent learners. The hypothetical student in high school attends school 3 days a week and uses tools such as: Delicious, blogs, twitter, podcasts etc. to understand his subject (the American Psyche.)

The point of the video was to show its audience that curriculums are becoming more and more like connectivism. And that the 21st century student needs the classroom aspect (having a teacher) and needs to be on their own.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that curriculum needs to appeal to the diversity within a classroom. I come from Class E and I really enjoyed your blog. Have a great Summer.

    ReplyDelete