About Me

My photo
I'm a student at the University of South Alabama where I hope to become a high school history teacher one day.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

"What I've Learned This Year." by Mr. McClung



For the week of the 14th, our second blog assignment was to read a blog by a teacher name Mr. McClung, our assignment was to read the blog and tell our audience about what we thought about the blog. Well, I found Mr. McClung's blog to be very inspiring. He tells the audience about his first year of teaching, and how he has grown up a lot, and I think that any future teacher should read this. He tells us how to read through the crowd; how to get to know our surroundings. He says we should be flexible, that nothing is perfect and that things are most likely not going to go our way, so do the best we can with a smile on our face. He then tells us the value of Communication---that communication is the ONLY way to resolve an issue. He then says to be reasonable, to not hold high expectation for any student, our job is to help them...not scold them. The blog then transitions into saying that we shouldn't be afraid of technology---that technology is our friend, and is also an essential to living. He closes the blog with the final two sections: to listen to our students and to never stop learning...This two were extremely important in my opinion. As a teacher, we should want to help and guide our students, we won't make a difference in their lives if we don't listen, and we can't teach if we close our minds off and stop learning.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Mr. McClung's post! I love reading his other posts as well! I completely agree that communication is the key, in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete