About Me

My photo
I'm a student at the University of South Alabama where I hope to become a high school history teacher one day.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

GeoCoaching?

For the week of the 21st, our assignment was to read Dr.Christie's site and write the standard two or more paragraphs about the site. And the one thing that really caught my eye was the GPS and Geocoaching part of the site.

Lately, I've been hearing more and more about this event called Geocoaching. Previous to this assignment, I had no clue what is was, and honestly I still don't, however the run down is like this: Its a big treasure hunting game and they use GPS to help them guide their way.

So would I see this as being beneficial to the classroom? Absolutely. I believe it would get them involved and they would really absolve the information more than if they had a test on it.

1 comment:

  1. I think this would be cool to do with a class because it gets the students using new technology and also teaches them about geography! "Using these tools and activities gives classroom teachers opportunities to instill in students a curiosity about geography, science, mathematics and the world in which they live.

    ReplyDelete